One of the exciting things about purchasing a new home is the opportunity to select your finish materials, which lets you design your home exactly the way you want it! If you are purchasing your home prior to construction, you will be able to make all of your exterior and interior selections at our Design Center with the help of one of the CCH designers. Here are just a few tips for making the most of your design meeting:
- You will be provided with a selection sheet for your home that lists all the choices you will need to make. Please plan to finalize your selections within 30 days of signing your purchase agreement; the sooner you make your design selections, the sooner CCH can purchase the materials to begin constructions of your new home!
- If you are building in a neighborhood where other CCH homes are currently being built, the selections of your future may limit some of your exterior finish choices. The earlier you make your selections, the greater the number of choices you will have!
- The homeowners association in your neighborhood may also limit some of your exterior choices. Be sure to look into any Architectural Guidelines before you begin.
- If you are not sure about what you would like to choose, driving around the neighborhood to view existing homes is one way to help visualize exterior finishes.
- It is essential to prioritize your wish list! Creating a priority list before your Design Center visit will help keep you on track when you have to start making those difficult decisions! Identify what is most important to you and your family, where you are willing to be flexible, and what you can live without.
- It is always helpful to bring any paint chips, fabric swatches, or cushions to our showroom to help coordinate your color choices.
Please remember to take your time and be thorough! We want to make sure that you are including everything you want in your new homes on the selection sheet, as costly errors can arise from incomplete selection sheets and assumptions of the smallest details.
For your reference, it is helpful to retain your selection sheets. They are useful for matching paint colors, tile and grout, and any replacement items if your home should need future repairs.