2021 Accolades for Raleigh, NC
Raleigh is home to award-winning colleges and universities, Research Triangle Park, some of the world’s best barbeque, and so much more. And with the recent announcement of Apple’s newest campus popping up in RTP, it’s no wonder the city is growing by an average of 64 people each day.
But Raleigh is known for so much more than good eats and great employment opportunities. Here are 10 accolades that Raleigh has added to the books just this year.
- In July, the U.S. News & World Report named Raleigh and Durham the #2 Best Place to Live in the United States
- WalletHub ranked Raleigh as the 11th Best Run City in June and one of the Best Cities to Start a Career in May
- Earlier this year, Triangle Business Journal put Raleigh at the top of their list for Best Places to Retire Early
- In April, Raleigh earned the Leading the Way Award. This award is given to only the top 10% of local governments “with regard to resident satisfaction with government services and customer service.”
- At the beginning of 2021, WalletHub put Raleigh as the 7th Best City for STEM Workers and 3rd in Best State Capitals
- Raleigh currently ranks as the 5th Best Performing Economy in the US according to Milken Institute
- StorageCafé named Raleigh #1 on a list for the Best Opportunities for Shared Living Arrangements. Thus, becoming the “roommate capital” of the country.
- The city ranks #3 for Happiest Cities in America by Men’s Health
Bonus: Raleigh is #3 for Cheap Cities Seeing Relocation Boom during the COVID-19 pandemic according to 24/7 Wall St.
However, Raleigh is not new to being on the top of some very impressive lists. In previous years, the City of Oaks was named One of the Safest Cities in America, Among the Best Places to Retire, One of the Best Places to Raise a Family on a Budget, and so much more.
Capitol City Homes
Founded by Triangle area natives, our team has been building award-winning, new homes in Raleigh and surrounding cities since 2009. We’re so proud to call this beautiful city home and to be a part of its incredible growth.
Interested in building in Raleigh? Contact us today and Imagine Life Inside of your future Capitol City home!