Let’s get right to it—top-rated schools are a primary reason why living in Wake Forest is great for kids. Wake Forest is within the Wake County Public School System district, which ranks highly amongst North Carolina counties. But here are a few other great reasons why you and your kids will want to call Wake Forest home.
Niche.com rated Wake Forest an overall grade of “A” for public schools, housing, family-friendliness, crime and safety, an abundance of streetlights, and its ethnic and economic diversity. To top this “A-list” off, Wake Forest was also rated as the best suburb to live and raise a family.
As one of the fastest growing cities in North Carolina, Wake Forest provides many opportunities for kids throughout the year. From summer camps to fishing, play dates to story time at the library, holiday activities and more—it’s all available for kids in Wake Forest, NC. Take a peek at these family-friendly websites for things to do with your kids in Wake Forest:
For outdoor activities check out:
- Paddle Creek – for canoe, kayak, and stand-up paddle board fun.
- Falls Lake State Recreation Area – a 12,000-acre reservoir offering camp sites, RV-hookups, swimming, boating, biking, hiking, and fishing.
- E. Carroll Joyner Park – one of the largest parks in Wake County with 117 acres of open space, 1,000-lawn seat amphitheater, a performance garden for storytelling, music workshops, paved walking trails, charcoal grills, and fishing.
- Neuse River Trail – over 27 miles of paved trails that are great and safe for biking with the kids. Also enjoy canoeing, kayaking, and fishing opportunities with gorgeous views of the Neuse River.
For a fun mixture of activities including animals, puzzles, games, and more:
- Winterpast Farm – a small family-run farm where kids can hold bunnies, feed critters, and touch other farm animals. Inside scoop: be sure to view their website so you know what food you can bring—you can feed the animals!
- Hill Ridge Farms – just outside of Wake Forest this is a must-see family visit. There is something for everyone with farm animals to pet, a train ride, bounce house, slide, swings, picnic areas, and festive holiday activities.
- Wake Escape – in the ever-popular “escape room” adventure, your family will find a great mix of competition, strategy, thinking, and just plain fun!
- Books Street Bowl – has games, bowling, snacks, and kids under 13 bowl free every weekday, and family passes are also available.
- The Factory – is a spot for kids and adults alike. Shops, lunch, soccer, baseball, dance, music center, tumble gym, ice cream—it’s all at The Factory!
These and many more activities are available in Wake Forest for your kids. Keep these opportunities in mind as you look to buy your new home in Wake Forest—and keep your kids happy with new and exciting experiences!
Check out our incredible variety of new home opportunities all over the Triangle area and come by for a visit. Or contact us today to learn more about all of our homes throughout Raleigh, Wake Forest, Louisburg, Clayton, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Youngsville, Angier, Rolesville, and Pittsboro—all located in North Carolina.